Hi! I am a PhD candidate at Indiana University Bloomington. My major is evolutionary genetics and my minor is bioinformatics. I am working in Leonie Moyle Lab for my thesis projects.
My research interests fall in evolutionary genomics, bioinformatics, and genetic mechanisms of phenotypic diversification.
The focus of my research projects is to apply computational approaches on NGS data to investigate genome evolution and genetic basis of adaptive traits.
- Wu M, Kostyun JL, Moyle LC. (minor revision). Genome sequence of Jaltomata addresses rapid reproductive trait evolution and enhances comparative genomics in the hyper-diverse Solanaceae. Genome Biology and Evolution.
- Wu M, Kostyun JL, Hahn MW, Moyle LC. 2018. Dissecting the basis of novel trait evolution in a radiation with widespread phylogenetic discordance. Molecular Ecology 27, 3301-3316.
- Wu M, Lewis J, Moore RC. 2017. A wild origin of the loss-of-function lycopene beta cyclase (CYC-b) allele in cultivated, red-fleshed papaya (Carica papaya) American Journal of Botany 104:1-11.
- Wu M and Moore RC. 2015. The evolutionary tempo of sex chromosome degradation in Carica papaya. Journal of Molecular Evolution 80:265-277.
- Lappin FM, Medert CM, Hawkins K, Mardonovich S, Wu M, Moore RC. 2015. A polymorphic pseudoautosomal boundary in the Carica papaya sex chromosomes. Molecular Genetics and Genomics 290:1511-1522.
- Hao M, Luo J, Zhang L, Yuan Z, Yang Y, Wu M, Chen W, Zheng Y, Zhang H, Liu D. 2013. Production of hexaploid triticale by a synthetic hexaploid wheat-rye hybrid method. Euphytica 193:347-357.
- Tang Z, Wu M, Zhang H, Yan B, Tan F, Zhang H, Fu S, Ren Z. 2012. Loss of parental coding sequences in early generation of wheat-rye allopolyploid. International Journal of Plant Sciences 173:1-6.
For more detailed information see my google citations page
You can find my codes/scripts for my research projects at GitHub